The REMIC HLLQP In Class course is best suited for those students who prefer face to face learning and working in a group setting.
Advantages of the in class course include:
- Increased Interaction: The in class course allows for interaction with your peers as well as live instruction from the teacher. Participation is forged through group discussion and an analysis of case studies.
- Face Time with Instructor: Live instruction gives you immediate feedback and clarity on your questions and inquiries.
- Networking: The in class experience gives you the chance to interact with peers and exchange ideas.
- Hard Copy of the Manual: With the in class course you are given a hard copy of the manual, which is yours to keep.
The REMIC HLLQP Online course is best suited for those students who are self-motivated, able to work on their own and at their own pace.
Advantages of the online course include:
- Convenience: Complete the course when and how you want. Everything is done completely online, so as long as you have an internet connection you are good to go. The course is mobile-friendly, meaning you can access the course from your tablet or smart phone.
- Flexibility: Finish the course right away or work slowly depending on your situation. Unexpected things can happen and the online course allows you to prioritize your time without missing out on course material.
- Individual Instruction: Throughout the course online you have constant access to your instructor via email and through the message centre in the course. This allows you to ask more direct and personalized questions that you may have otherwise not posed in a classroom environment.
- Lower Cost: The online course cost is a less expensive option than the in class course.
HLLQP Online Course Summary:
Course Length: 47 hours (estimated)
Course Delivery: Online or in class
Enrolment Period: One week up to 1 year
HLLQP Online Course Certification Examinations:
- Certification exam format: Online
- Number of exams: 4 (Life Insurance, Segregated Funds, Ethics and professional practice and Accident and Sickness)
- Question format: Multiple Choice
- Time Limit: 75 minutes each
- Number of questions: Life Insurance, Segregated Funds, Accident and Sickness: 30 questions; Ethics and professional practice: 20 questions
- Passing Grade: 60%
Prerequisites for the HLLQP Online Course:
The HLLQP Online Course in Ontario is available to anyone; however it is recommended that you have at least a high school education with equivalent English or French language and math skills.
Prerequisites for licensing:
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario has set out the following additional requirements in order to become licensed after completing the course:In order to obtain a licence as a life insurance agent, an applicant must:
- Be sponsored by a licensed insurer throughout the first two years as an agent;
- Complete the online Life Insurance Agent application accessible through Licensing Link and pay the required fee;
- Hold himself/herself out publicly and carry on business in good faith as a life insurance agent only in the name in which he/she is licensed;
- Not be engaged in any other business or occupation that would jeopardize the agent’s integrity, independence or competence;
- Be of good character and reputation;
- Be a suitable person to receive a licence and meet all the licensing requirements;
- Complete a course and pass the examination for the Life Licence Qualification Program (LLQP);
- Provide FSCO with an Ontario mailing address; and
- Acquire the appropriate Errors and Omissions (E&O)
Topics Covered in the HLLQP Online Course:
The topics covered in the HLLQP course are based on course manuals approved by the regulator. The 4 core components of the course are Life Insurance and Life Insurance Taxation Principles, Segregated Funds, Ethics and Professional Practice and Accident and Sickness.
Click on each of the links below for a detailed breakdown of all the topics covered in each of the 4 sections:
FAQ Topics- Click on a topic to see the available questions
REMIC HLLQP Online Course FAQs (Harmonized Life License Qualification Program)
FAQ Topics- Click on a topic to see the available questions
- Tax Deductions
- HLLQP Certification Exams
- Online Assignments
- Registration / Paying for a course
- Online course
- In Class Courses
FAQ Questions – Click on a question to see the answer
- How long are the Certification Exams?
- How many questions are on the Certification Exams?
- How do I I write my final exam?
- When will I get my grade / know if I passed?
- When do I get my certificate if I pass?
- What if I fail the REMIC HLLQP Certification Exam(s)?
- How long is the course valid/good for?
- How do I apply for my license once I’m finished the course?
- Do I have to take continuing education to maintain my license?
- Is this course recognized by the regulator(s)
- How can I pay for the HLLQP Online course?
- How do I register for the REMIC HLLQP Online course?
- How do I receive my textbook?
- What is the cost of the course?
- Are there any prerequisites to taking the HLLQP Online course?
- Once registered, how long does it take before I get access to the HLLQP online course?
Transfer from the HLLQP Online course to in class
- Do I have to begin the course on a specific date?
- How much time should I devote to the course each day?
- Who teaches the course?
- Do I need to be internet or “tech savvy” to take the online course?
- Do I have access to a “live” person in the online course?
- Am I on my own in the online course?
- Can I work at my own pace?
T2202A forms are issued to the students who have paid $100.00 or more in eligible fees for qualifying courses beginning and ending in a particular calendar year.
In depth questions regarding the use of the T2202A form in the tax preparation process should be directed to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Tax guides are available from any CRA office or a Post Office. CRA also publishes a booklet called “Students & Income Tax” – Government form P105 (E).
Official receipts for income tax purposes covering tuition fees paid for qualifying courses taken during the preceding calendar year are available in late February. In accordance with CRA regulations, official receipts (T2202A Forms) are only issued for tuition fees totaling $100.00 or more. Materials and administrative fees are not eligible for tax deduction.
There are four Certification Exams. Each is 75 minutes long..
Life Insurance: 30 questions. Accident and Sickness: 30 questions. Segregated Funds: 30 questions. Ethics and professional practice: 20 questions
Online and In class: Regardless if you are taking the course online or in class each Certification Exam is done online. You have unlimited attempts. .
Immediately. Because all REMIC HLLQP Certification Exams are done online you will get your results immediately.
Once you have been notified that you have passed the course you will be required to log in to the online section of the course and complete our feedback. You will then be able to print your certificate of completion and save it electronically.
Yes, before being able to write the Certification Exams you must complete the Exam Preparation Quizzes. These are designed to prepare you for the Certification Exams.
Yes, the REMIC HLLQP course is approved by CISRO, and FSCO, regulator Ontario as of December 2016..
Once you have passed the REMIC HLLQP course by passing all 4 Certification Exams you must register to write the provincial licensing exams.
Yes, there are mandatory credits that you will need to obtain before you are able to renew your license. Your insurance brokerage will advise you of what is required..
If taking REMIC HLLQP course online you have the flexibility to begin your course at any date, and you may complete it within as little as one week or up to 1 year – the choice is yours. If taking the in class course you must begin on the course start date but have up to 1 year to complete the course.
This depends on your learning skills. While some take longer others learn and understand the material more quickly. The course is designed to be completed in 47 hours, which includes online exercises, tutorials, assignments, tests, and reading. We suggest that you set aside at least this amount of time to complete the course.
You will receive an online login immediately following your registration that gives you access to an electronic version of the textbook, whether you are doing the course in class or online. This way you can get started in the course right away! If you decide to purchase a hard copy of the textbook(s) they will be shipped to you typically within two business days..
ONLINE: The cost of the online course is $398 ($298 for the e-book version), which includes the online textbooks, online delivery including all online resources, and unlimited attempts at the Certification Exams. There are no other costs associated with the course except if you decide to purchase additional products.
IN CLASS: The cost of the in class course is $598, which includes everything in the online course PLUS hard copies of the textbooks, in class delivery and in person instruction.
Through REMIC’s secure shopping cart you can pay by credit card or using your PayPal account. In person at 2175 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 213 where you can pay by debit card, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX or cash.
Only qualified and experienced industry experts are used to teach the course..
You have unlimited rewrite attempts.
No, the course is designed for those with basic computing skills, however the course contains rich and interactive content designed to engage you.
Do I have access to a “live” person in the online course?
Of course! Your Professor, an industry professional, is there to help, Monday to Friday during regular business hours.
No, we are here to help! Your online course has a dedicated Professor who will interact with you, answering your questions and helping you along the way, when you need it.
No, the course is available to anyone, however it is recommended that you have at least a high school education with equivalent English or French language and math skills.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS ON THIS COURSE OR COURSE MATERIALS.
Can I work at my own pace?
Yes. You can complete the course in as little as one week or take up to 1 YEAR – the choice is yours.
My 1 YEAR is up. Can I get an extension?
You may purchase an extension from 1 month to 6 months. Please call us or email us to ensure that you get the correct extension.
Can I transfer from online to an in class course?
You can transfer from an online course to an in class course (availability and space permitting) by paying the transfer fee. Please call us or email us to process a transfer request.
Whether you register for an in class or online course you will have immediate access to the online section of the course. All registrations are subject to REMIC’s acceptance policy. Any students not accepted will have their registration fee fully refunded.
How long is the course valid/good for?
The course is valid for 1 YEAR from the time you pass your exam. If you do not obtain a license within this time you must retake the course.
Registration is easy. Simply go to www.hllqp.remic.ca and follow the instructions using our secure online payment system. You can also register by phone or in person at our head office training facility at 2175 Sheppard Ave East Suite 213, North York, ON, M2J1W8 (Business hours are Mon-Fri, 9AM – 5PM). We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, debit, cash or certified cheque.
- “I enjoyed your course. As a former teacher, I found your materials easy to understand and apply to real life situations. I’m sure I’ll be referring to the text a few times in the next few years!” – Jenni, Toronto
- “After finishing this course i am fully confident that i have learned what i need to implement it to the real world” – Harimohan S
- “Lots of useful test question and tutorials online. Great for the exam and for doing business. All the information was there and a bit of effort was necessary to learn it” – Leanne E
- “ Being available by email and getting quick responses helped me to learn the information quickly and filling in any gaps along the way ”- Nathan H
- “I am a real estate salesperson and it is necessary for us to know the basic aspect and also availability of various sources to recommend to our clients” – Masoumeh S
- “Near the end of the course and just before the exam all aspects were pulled together in very practical real life examples for more of a true hands-on understanding” – Ken M
- “There was not one single question left unanswered. I gained a substantial amount of knowledge by taking his course” – Amrit K
- “Extremely resourceful, made me feel quite at ease. He was instrumental in my success with the course” – Rattan N
- “REMIC, the teacher and staff obviously care about the student’s and their success. Personally, I’m very impressed with the welcome message every time that I log in to the course area. It’s appreciated! I learned more than I expected and enjoyed coming to class each day” – Sven K
- “Thank you for making this course so user friendly. The instructor was extremely helpful. I would love to take more courses with REMIC” – Adnan S
- “It has a wealth of information and I am sure I will have to refer to it when I am in the field” – Maria L
- “Continue doing as you did for my course, comfortable, knowledgeable setting. Anyone has the opportunity to do well!” – Jason M
- “The course content is really elaborate. The assignments on the website really helped to prepare for the exam” – Ashish M
- “I’m going to recommend the course to friends & relatives” – Fernando P
- “The instructor was invaluable in his guidance” – Mukesh C
- “This course is practical and ease to use” – Lilie L
- “Job well done! Very helpful and informative. Was knowledgeable and able to relay info into “real world” scenarios” – Justin J
- “Amazing!!” – Luis S
- “I strongly recommend this in class course” – Zahidul I
- “Technical knowledge is excellent, Course delivery is superb, class management is friendly oriented, leading to a fun learning experience and total absorption. Best instructor ever” – Alfredo A
- “The course materials are easy to understand and excellent classroom presentations. Great Instructors!” – Ratan S
- “It is user friendly, time span was adequate and delivery of the course was effective” – Shabana M